THE LAWETRACT UNUSUAL ME CHALLENGE
Young practitioners across the African continent who against all odds nurture and practice in uncommon, uncharted and unsaturated fields of law deserve all the recognition.
We at LAWTERACT believe that they deserve to be spurred on, recognized and awarded. As an organization, we are inaugurating the #UNUSUALME CHALLENGE to spur these class of young African law practitioners on.
1. NGN 100,000 each for three winners
2. Guest speakership opportunity for 15 of the selected particpants on the Maiden LAWTERACT Career Forum
3. Networking opportunities with important personalities within their chosen fields for the best 20 entries.
4. Mandatory mentoring for two mentees each who wish to practice in the same field.
5. Two texbooks of choice worth up to NGN5,000 each.
As a result of the objective which this challenge seeks to achieve, certain fields of law practice are excluded. Young practitioners within the excluded practice areas will not be considered.
Excluded practice areas are:
1. Business/ Corporate/Commercial Law
2. Property Law
3. Litigation (Civil/Criminal)
4. Tax Law
5. Intellectual Property Law
MODALITIES OF THE CHALLENGE
Applicants are to adhere strictly to the following information and procedure:
1. All applicants must follow LAWTERACT official page on LinkedIn
2. All applicants must subscribe to the LAWTERACT weekly newsletter. This can be found at the footer of the LAWTERACT official website.
3. After doing the above 2 steps, registrants/applicants must register in the form created below. Applicants must make sure to upload two documents at this stage
a. a pdf containing three verifiable scenarios of impact evidencing registrants/applicants trailblazing efforts in his chosen field.
b. An image of the registrant/applicant
4. After registering, applicants must create a video of not more 1.30 mins length introducing themselves and highlighting the scenarios of impact (minimum of 3) for which makes them the best suited to come atop in the challenge.
5. The 1.30 min length video must be uploaded on each applicants LinkedIn page while tagging LAWTERACT official Linkedin page for visibility by our administrators.
6. Candidates must note that all highlighted scenarios of impact in the video must correlate with what has been included in the registration form.
Deadline for Entry/ Registration -27th January 2021
Any queries on the process should be sent to the Administrator on email@example.com
We wish all entrants/applicants the best.